MICL Dissemination and Knowledge Translation ProductsT-3:
- Tom Seekins, William Shunkamolah, Michael Bertsche, Colin Cowart, Jean Ann Summers, Amanda Reichard, and Glen White published “A systematic scoping review of measures of participation in disability and rehabilitation research: A preliminary report of findings” in the Oct. 2012 issue of Disability and Health Journal.
Projects R-2 and R-3:
- Amanda Reichard, Hayley Stolzle, Ana Carolina Sella, and Theresa I. Shireman published"Quality of diabetes care for adults with physical disabilities in Kansas" in Disability and Health Journal (Vol 5, No. 1, January 2012).
- Amanda Reichard and Hayley Stolzle published “Diabetes Among Adults with Cognitive Limitations Compared to Individuals with No Cognitive Disabilities” in the June 2011 issue ofIntellectual and Developmental Disabilities.
- Amanda Reichard, Hayley Stolzle and Michael H. Fox published “Health disparities among adults with physical disabilities or cognitive limitations compared to individuals with no disabilities in the United States” in Disability and Health Journal, April 2011.
- Glen White, Chiaki Gonda, Jana Peterson and Charles Drum authored an article in Disability and Health Journal, April 2011 titled: “Secondary analysis of a scoping review of health promotion interventions for persons with disabilities: Do health promotion interventions for people with mobility impairments address secondary condition reduction and increased community participation?”
- Glen White, Chiaki Gonda, Zach Coble, Jamie Lloyd Simpson and Craig Ravesloot published “Moving from independence to interdependence: A conceptual model for better understanding community participation of centers for independent living” in the Mar. 2010 issue of Journal of Disability Policy Studies.
- Charles E. Drum, Willi Horner-Johnson and Emily S. Walsh published "Construction and validation of the Outpatient Health Care Usability Profile (OHCUP)" in the Oct. 2012 issue of Disability and Health Journal.
- Charles Drum, Gloria Krahn, Willi Horner-Johnson, Brian Ritacco, Marilyn Berardinelli, Rania Wasfi and Patricia Pickett-Cooper authored “The Oregon Community Engagement Initiative: A Multi-Case Study of a Disability Coalition Development Process,” which was published in Community Development, 40: 1, 3-19.
On Research Design:
- Tom Seekins and Glen White's article "Participatory Action Research Designs in Applied Disability and Rehabilitation Science: Protecting Against Threats to Social Validity" is in press at the Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation,scheduled for a January 2013 publication.
Our State-of-the-Science conference, held in October 2010, disseminated Center findings to more than 150 attendees. Presentations for each project are linked.
- CHEC Google Maps for Community Accessibility - This tool for measuring and communicating the receptivity of community sites to people with disabilities has been used in six Missouri cities.
- Survey - CIL Staff Assessment of Services That Lead to Participation
Get.RIIL On-line Database - A tool that provides uniform access to disability research information.
ResourcesProjects R-6 and R-2:
Disability Resources for Healthcare Providers - Information to help providers improve the accessibility of their practices as well as their understanding of the healthcare needs of people with disabilities.
"Community Participation Research" on our RTC/IL Resources/Publication pages. These posters were presented at a variety of professional conferences.
Please visit our YouTube site for videos or see the individual project pages for an embedded video.