Supplies for People with Disabilities
This checklist is relatively new and ongoing endeavors are being made to adequately identify needs. E-mail or write us for your proven stockpile supplies if they are not listed below.
- For those who depend on power for equipment or refrigeration, have a back-up power supply (generator, power inverters, charged batteries, adapter plug for vehicle lighter).
- For devices that use batteries, stock extra batteries.
- Notebook and pen.
- Battery-operated lantern (for lip reading and sign language).
- Visual or sensory alerts.
- Vibrating/strobe alarm clock.
- Extra pager, TTY batteries, hearing aid, or implant batteries.
- Pager/communication devices.
- Portable, battery-powered television.
- Manual chair for electric wheelchair users.
- Pair of heavy-duty gloves for wheeling over debris.
- Shower chair and toilet riser.
- Patch kit for flat tires and extra inner tubes.
- Extra charged battery for a power wheelchair or scooter. (Ask vendor how to charge in emergency situations.)
- Assistive devices for eating.
- Backpack with smaller supplies on this list (to grab and attach to chair).
- Extra pair of glasses.
- Extra supply of contact lenses and lens solution.
- Extra cane tips or telescoping cane.
- Portable radio with batteries.