Putting It All Together
This website has an audio option. Press the "play" icon to listen along.
Congratulations! You’re almost finished with this tutorial.
Before you complete the tutorial, we would like you to build your own personal scenario.
What is your Personal Scenario?
Your personal scenario is just like the role play scenarios you saw on the videos throughout the tutorial. The only difference is that your personal scenario contains the real information about you and your accommodation needs. This exercise will help prepare you to make a request for an accommodation in the future.
The guiding questions and blank spaces below will help you create your scenario based upon the self-assessments.
Remember to consider the information you have learned about reasonable vs. unreasonable accommodations when deciding what accommodation you plan to request.
- What is the name of the class you want to take next semester?
- What are your strengths? Why do you think you will do well in that class?
- What is the nature of your disability, generally?
- Specifically, what barriers might you experience in that class?
- Specifically, what accommodations do you want? Don't forget you need a "Plan B" - think of more than one accommodation!
- Specifically, what are the benefits of the accommodation?