International Work in Independent Living
The RTC/IL's international research and training activities are diverse. In addition to conducting research related to other countries, the Center has hosted numerous visiting scholars.
Conducting Research, Training and Study Abroad Programs in Other Countries
- CIL Services Study Replicated in Japan and South Korea
- Glen White and KU Student Train Peruvian Medical Professionals on Caring for People with Spinal Cord Injury
- Glen White Directs Study Abroad Program at Center Ann Sullivan del Perú
Hosting Visiting Scholars and Disability Leaders
- Japanese Professor Keiko Kano studies U.S. student accommodation practices.
- Executive Director of U.S. International Council on Disability Visits
- Korean Scholar Conducts Research
- Korean Visitors Discuss Assistive Technology
- Korean Scholar Studies American IL Movement
- Scholar from Japan Trains at Center
- Russian Professor Learns about IL Philosophy and Practice